London Classical Music Competition 2023
1. FREE ENTRY (PRELIMINARY ROUND)
Deadline for FREE ENTRY to LCMC is December 30th, 2023.
Candidates are required to submit a video or videos recording of their performances (YouTube or Vimeo link) on our page titled “FREE ENTRY”. Participants can submit a maximum of two separate videos for different pieces. The video or videos recorded on the YouTube or Vimeo link has to be made not later than 18 months preceding the date of your entry. Total length of video clips: program free of choice up to 25 minutes of a continuous performance.
The video recording (audio only is not acceptable) must be solely performed by applicant. Multiple cameras can be used for video recording but no sound effects should be added to any portion of video entry (it is acceptable to have an introduction title with musician’s name, title of piece and composer). The musician may have an accompaniment to their entry if desired. Contestants approved to advance can enter the final round with the same video from the preliminary round or they can change it.
Only those who are selected in the qualifying round (initial screening) are entitled to advance to the final round.
2. INVITATION & APPLICATION (FINAL ROUND)
The qualifying contestants will receive an email notification/invitation containing instructions on how to proceed to the final round including the payment of the 75 £ Administrative Processing Fee. (Please note this is not refundable)
This should be submitted according to the competition schedule. See Competition Schedule section above.
Parents must approve use of minors name on website and social media.
Jury and Marking System
The work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. All decisions of the jury are final and irrevocable. The identity of the judges will be concealed for privacy and impartiality reasons.
The audition will be evaluated by de jury through the video materials presented by each participant. The final selections of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted. Judges are independent, and their students are not permitted to participate in the competition. The judges votes will be strictly confidential and will not be shared or published. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
- FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 93/100 points
- SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 86/100 points
- THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 79/100 points
- FOURTH PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 72/100 points
- Special Mention Recognition – is to be awarded to the competitor who earns at least 65/100 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
- OCTOBER 15th, 2023 – ENTRY Open
- DECEMBER 30th, 2023 – ENTRY Deadline
- JANUARY 2nd-12th, 2024 Reviewing & Judging of the submitted video recordings
- JANUARY 12th, 2024 Notification of the approved contestants
- JANUARY 12th-21st, 2024 Application for Final Round & Payment of administrative fees
- JANUARY 25th, 2024 All finalists will have been confirmed.
- MARCH 1ST, 2024 ONWARDS The winning results will be announced